Publishing and content creation
What We Do
- The Left Up To US Publications Committee is harnessing the creativity of our members to produce online and print materials, including newsletters, voters guides, flyers, and issue-related literature.
The Left Up To US Newsletter. We've empowered dozens of people in our community to express themselves and be professionally published both online and in print.
Submissions have ranged from journalistic storytelling to political commentary to poetry and art and have been professionally edited and curated by dedicated volunteers on the Publications Committee.
In the fall of 2016 we produced a voters guide for ballots in the Austin area based on our research of candidates in 23 different races from U.S. President to Railroad Commissioner to City Council, weighing them against our official platform.
- Designing all of LUTU's flyers, stickers, and other printed materials.
Upcoming editions of the Left Up To US Online Newsletter and the second print edition
Reaching out to our community for more submissions from members and allies with stories, commentary, poetry, and art to share
Creating articles about the work being done by LUTU committees.
Editing and publishing material online
Raising funds to enable the publishing of our second print newsletter
Flyers and talking points handouts
The 2018 LUTU Dem Primary Voters Guide
How You Can Help
- Create and submit your own material
- Help us write on a topic we want to cover
- Come to a Publications Committee meeting
- If you have editing skills, we can always use extra help with editing!
If you are interested, let us know below!