Canvassing and neighborhood organizing
Help engage and organize underrepresented and underserved communities!
What We Do
The Left Up To US Precinct Organizing Committee is working towards organizing the residents of Travis County one precinct at a time with the following goals:
- Help folks identify and address the most pressing issues facing their communities.
- Empower individuals by giving them a voice to express what matters most to them.
- Identify potential leaders and enable them to organize their communities with our support.
- Empower communities by bringing neighbors together to tackle shared problems and combine their voices to make local government more responsive to their needs.
- We've organized Left Up To US members to participate in multiple canvasser training events, led by experienced political canvassers, to teach people how to talk with residents about the issues that affect them.
We've organized Left Up To US members to participate in multiple neighborhood canvasses, knocking on hundreds of doors in Travis Co Precinct 407, in the Del Valle area, to engage residents and encourage them to get involved with groups like the Del Valle Community Coalition to push for greater accountability by local government.
- Organizing canvasser trainings and volunteer voter registration clinics.
Conducting neighborhood canvasses in Precinct 407 to increase people’s engagement with the Del Valle Community Coalition to address things they want to see improved.
Developing a plan to expand LUTU neighborhood canvassing efforts in other areas of Austin.
Identifying what precinct(s) we want to organize next, and getting to work using the model we've built in 407.
How You Can Help
- Canvass with us
- Help us discuss and plan at future meetings
- Help with follow-up communication to residents we've made contact with
- We're always looking for experienced canvassers and organizers to help us with trainings!
If you are interested, let us know below!